History

In 1915 Karl Huttenlocher founded his mechanical workshop out of a special predicament: Previously he had been the representative of the Daimler factories in Kirchheim. In this role he unfortunately crashed squiffy into a tram, which he had taken for an oncoming car. If You are curious how this bumpy start was turned into a 100year long story of success nevertheless, You should keep on reading here:

March 1904

Founder of the company, Mr.
Karl Huttenlocher, successfully
finishes his apprenticeship
as a mechanical technician

Karl Huttenlocher
(25.08.1887 – 14.10.1939)
was owner and executive director
of a mechanical workshop till
he died in the year 1939
(Picture was taken around 1932)

Around 1935

Karl Huttenlocher junior
in the former turning shop
for fly- and gear wheels

Around 1935

Maria Huttenlocher and
Karl Huttenlocher junior
in the former milling
shop standing
on the company car

December 1937

Letter and 20 Reichsmark
from Albert Stahl to Miss
Maria Huttenlocher in
return for her cooperation

Around 1940

Motor driven eccentric
shear with flywheel and
positive-locking
rolling key-clutch

Around 1960

Son of the company founder
Karl Huttenlocher junior
(15.12.1915 – 29.4.1980)

Owner and executive director
of the mechanical workshop
and of the Huttenlocher &
Schäfer OHG, which he later
founded together with his
brother in-law.

Around 1985

Senior Boss of that time Gotthilf
Schäfer (10.01.1915 – 13.12.2008)
behind „his“ long block leveller
in the old company building
in the town center of
Kirhcheim unter Teck

Around 1985

Former CEO Heinz Schäfer
(right) with employee Rudolf
Hummel in front of the
boring machine

Around 1990

Former Owner and executive
director Heinz Schäfer in front
of his DIN A0- drawing board
for machine construction

1915 – Karl Huttenlocher founds an engineering workshop in Kirchheim unter Teck

1916 – Manufacturing of drawing-, flattening-, rounding-, hammering-, folding machines by order of the company Albert Stahl in Stuttgart

1936 – Manufacturing of the first mechanical guillotine shear by order of the company Stahl in Stuttgart

1950 – Specialization in manufacturing of mechanical guillotine shears

1955 – Takeover of the company by Karl Huttenlocher (junior) and brother-in-law Gotthilf Schäfer and transformation of the company into the Huttenlocher& Schäfer OhG

1980 – Takeover of the company by Dipl.- Ing. (FH) Heinz Schäfer and transformation of the company into the Huttenlocher & Schäfer GmbH

1990 – Move into the new company building in the industrial area „Bohnau“ in Kichheim unter Teck

1993 – Manufacturing of the first guillotine shear with motor driven front stop for cutting printed plates

1994 – Manufacturing of the first guillotine shear for cutting corrugated and trapezoidal sheet metal

1998 – Manufacturing of the first mechanical guillotine shear with tandem drive for cutting sheet metal up to 15 mm

1999 – Manufacturing of the first guillotine shear for cutting sheet metal up to a width of 4030 mm

2003 – Manufacturing of the first double cutting shear with top-drive for cutting scrap web with a defined length

2005 – Manufacturing of the first guillotine shear for cutting plastic band for recycle purposes

2006 – Dr.-Ing. Timo Schäfer becomes second managing director of the Huttenlocher & Schäfer GmbH

2007 – Manufacturing of the first cut-to-length shear with long-stroke construction with BiServo drive, full automatic cut-gap adjustment and motor driven blade protection rolls integrated in the table

2009 – Manufacturing of the first cut-to-length shear with long-stroke construction with servo drive used as a swivel shear

2010 – Dr.-Ing. Timo Schäfer becomes exclusive managing director of the Huttenlocher & Schäfer GmbH

2012 – Manufacturing of the first guillotine shear with an innovative safety concept for trimming plastic deep drawn parts

2013 – Manufacturing of the first crop shear in a C-shaped frame to pull the shear out of the production line

2014 – Manufacturing of the first twin shear with a combined cutter bar for disposing scrap web